Wills & Trusts in New York
New York Estate Planning Lawyer Offering Counsel
We know that many individuals are not comfortable contemplating their own demise, but failing to plan for the future could result in causing more harm than good. If you die without a will, you could put your family and property in danger. Without the terms that are established through a will, your property will be distributed according to the intestacy laws of New York instead of according to your preferences.
Secure the future for your spouse, children or other beneficiaries and call our experienced New York estate planning attorneys. We will provide you with valuable legal advice that can give you and your family peace of mind for the future. At Korsinsky & Klein, LLP, our primary focus is to provide legal representation that helps, protects and preserves the rights of our clients. Our law firm serves individuals in the states of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Safeguarding Assets for Future Generations
Let us preserve your wealth.
Learn More Now
Drafting Your Last Will & Testament
A last will and testament serves several functions. Not only does it protect your assets and property, but an effective will and testament organizes your financial and personal affairs, which can in turn benefit your family long after you are no longer around to provide for them. We will help you create a last will and testament and address important issues, including:
- Drafting a trust
- Establishing guardianship over minor children
- Deciding how you would like to distribute your property
- Naming heirs or charitable organizations to receive your property
- Naming a trusted person to manage the property that you leave to minor children
- Naming an executor of your affairs to ensure that the terms in your will are carried out
What is a trust?
Trusts are not mandatory, but there are many estate planning matters that cannot be accomplished without a trust, which is essentially a financial agreement. You must be aware of the functions of a trust before entering into one. When you work with our knowledgeable estate planning lawyers, they will explain the importance of a trust and determine whether a trust necessary to achieve your financial planning goals. We can establish which of the following types of trusts can help protect your assets and your family:
- Living trust – A trust that is established during your lifetime; will not require a probate proceeding, and can be subject to termination or modification at any time
- Testamentary trust – A trust that is established by the creation of a will; may be accountable to probate court, and can be subject to termination or modification if the grantor is living
- Irrevocable trust – A trust that is a separate legal document; will not be subject to termination or modification at any time
Korsinsky & Klein, LLP Helping You Plan for the Future
We will provide you with the legal guidance that you need to make important decisions regarding your last will and testament or your trust. If you want to make certain that your family and assets are protected when you are no longer around, we will assist you in carrying out your wishes through establishing a will or a trust, or both. The law affords you many benefits to protect your family well into the future, but you won’t know the full extent of your rights until you speak with one of our skilled lawyers, our knowledgeable Certified Public Accountant and our supportive staff.
Call 212-495-8133 to speak with a New York estate planning lawyer at Korsinsky & Klein, LLP or contact us online to receive the assistance you need. Our wide range of experience will bring unsurpassed value to your elder law matters. Let our team take on your tough legal matters so that you can focus on your family.