Estate planning law firms with experience know that most people know little about this process. It seems complex, and in some cases, it is. Unfortunately, this leads many to avoid estate planning altogether.
Although we understand why people may put off planning out their estates, we cannot help but urge you to reconsider. The sooner you get started, the better you will feel knowing you are protecting yourself and your family members.
Another way residents in New York areas like Brooklyn or Manhattan can ease their dread of estate planning is by asking questions. Attorneys with skill and experience welcome your questions. We know that your inquiries will help you feel better about the process. They will also help us to serve your needs.
Good questions to ask your lawyer candidates
When you talk to an attorney for the first time, here are some questions that can help you make an informed decision about hiring them:
- How much experience do you have in estate planning?
- Do you offer your clients opportunities to discuss their options?
- Can you assist in setting up and funding trusts I want to add?
- Will you be available to help when I need to update my plan?
- Can you offer suggestions based on your prior experience?
- Are you prepared to work closely with me to create a plan built around my unique needs?
Our estate planning lawyers understand that you wish to protect your assets, especially because you have worked so hard to acquire them. As such, we welcome your inquiries about these matters and are always ready to take your calls.
We also urge you to continue exploring the information published on our website to increase your knowledge of estate planning in New York. Reading our pages can help you prepare for your first meeting with the attorney you ultimately select.